1939 vs. 2010 ...

Notice the 2010 poster is even a bit faded.

This made me laugh when I saw it. It's funny, but sad at the same time. Is this really the sign (no pun intended) of our times? Regardless, I decided to look on the bright side. At least it didn't say "F***ing Chillax Bro." Seriously, I heard some guy use that horrible combination of chill and relax once. I don't even remember where I was. I think I just put my head down and ran. Chillax is going into my "words that make me cringe" file. Got one for me?

Photo: Here

7 comments:

taryn said...

uh... one of my obnoxious coworkers told one of the sweet girls i work with to chillax recently and i almost threw up! i'm not a fan either.

La Feem said...

Oh where's the class gone???

Happenstance said...

Oh Taryn, you poor thing! I threw up in my mouth a little too just imagining it.

Krissy Engle said...

What about "ginormous"? I don't love that one either. I'll admit, though, I started saying "totes" instead of "totally", as a joke and it sort of stuck. I'm totes annoying the people around me!

pen.ny said...

BAH! So funny.

I actually heard a girl last summer I think say ttyl out loud to her friend. T-T-Y-L. Really? Barf. I wouldn't even type it in a text!

Brandi said...

Oh my golly, you're so right. Are we really the chillax generation? In regards to what pen.ny said, I once corrected an essay from a student that was written in text language. Really. Luckily, there are some awesome people out there working to counteract this. Like you. And me. And others.

Lillian Chang said...

Hehehehehe, this is funny :)

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails