Luck Is You ...


I was chatting with my Dad last week and he shared with me something a mentor shared with him years ago ... "luck is the residue of design." I thought this was so great but even more it felt familiar for some reason. I finally realized why as I was going through some old reading notes from 2008 this morning. This is what I found ...
  1. Be the kind of person who creates your own luck
  2. Few people realize that luck is created
Funny how things come full circle sometimes, right? So I thought I'd share this with you as you go about your week and face whatever lies ahead. Whether it's a project, landing that account, nailing that speech, getting that promotion or acing that test ... remember, "luck is the residue of design."

Photo: Here

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I all kinds of agree with you. At some point in the past, I realized that I can shape my life. There are some fortuitous events that happen, but you usually are the one who put yourself in the right place at the right time.

Brilliant post.

Andy Quirks said...

It's the same with the future being unshaped and that it is us who shape it. Y'know you cant just stand there waiting for luck, you gotta go make it.

xoxo,
andyquirks.blogspot.com

Lillian C said...

That's so true...I love the way those words were put together...luck is designed by the individual. And your two points are right on the mark. Thank you for sharing!! :)

leila brewster photography said...

oh my goodness! i love this saying i say it all of the time.. then it leads me to ponder the question of would i rather be good at something or would i rather be lucky at something... :) lovely!

Ann Marie said...

love your blog! love this post...it reminds me of a chapter from a book called "the power of kindness" where the author talks about luck is simply paying attention to all the details and taking advantage of every little opportunity that comes your way.

katrina lauren said...

hmmm i like this...going to jot it in my journal as a reminder and inspiration to create the life i want for myself...there's something exciting about fresh starts!
live the life i chose...create the luck i need to live a happy & fulfilling life...yes i like this very much!
xo.
k

Nicole Jeannette said...

I like this :) Great blog!

Unknown said...

I truly love all three of these. Especially what your Dad's mentor said. Thanks for sharing! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails