Aaand I'm Back ...

L: The fam going to breakfast early morning. R: The Spanish style, poolside casitas.

I'm back! Got back yesterday after taking a long escape to La Quinta Resort & Club for the 4th of July weekend. I know what you're thinking ... yes, it's usually very hot this time of year but seeing as it was going to be gloomy and cold here on the coast we took a gamble that the desert would have lower temperatures and we were so right. We did lots of outdoor dining, swimming and lounging. I couldn't believe it, I actually got through three magazines while I was out there.Woo hoo!
My three year old pretending to blend in with the flowers.

The grounds of the resort are absolutely amazing. All Spanish style, the resort originated as a Hollywood hideaway in 1926 for stars like Greta Garbo, Ginger Rogers and Clark Gable. I told Eric that if we every had the opportunity to build our dream home I'm pretty sure I would come back here for inspiration–I'm in love with the Spanish style casitas with the red roof shingles and blue trim. But until then it's my new-to-me favorite place for a little R&R. I cannot wait to go back.

Photos: Happenstance

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Hope you're enjoying your summer.

dulci said...

This is so pretty! Making me jelly...I wanna be there NOW!!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

~Grace Happens~ said...

glad you had a blast!!! it looked beautiful. looking forward to seeing you again!

xo g

Lillian C said...

I love that Spanish style!! The resort really nailed it!! :) And your three year old is so adorable with her smile - it lights up her whole face :)
What a fun weekend that must've been!!

Brandi said...

That location is stunning -- how far is this from San Diego? So happy you had fun out there.

Heather Feemster said...

I need to be there yesterday, I totally agree Spanish style is one of the best....glad you all had so much fun and smart thinking to seek the sun!

Unknown said...

I wanna go!!

TheBeautyFile said...

These are beautiful!!! Looks like it was a phenomenal weekend! Have a question, random- what kind of stroller is that? Me likey.

Unknown said...

Beauty File: It's a Bugaboo and we love it. The only down side is they're not that cheap. But we def made the investment knowing it would go through our two kids and have fairly good re-sale value. It was much like buying a car. Plus, the turning radius is stellar. You can practically turn the thing on a dime with your pinky! I know, I've tried.

thais said...

what a gorgeous sunny weekend, and the spanish style is adorable. I also love the shingles, brick color and blue trim, it reminds me of some parts of brazil.

AnnaMeldau said...

I was there too that weekend! Small world

Related Posts with Thumbnails