Happy Anniversary ...

You all know how I feel about keeping it silly.

One day my friend Jody and I were driving back to work from lunch when my cell rang and I could see that it was Eric calling. Now at this point Eric was still a crush and we had just started getting to know each other. So when he called I was so excited and giddy I could hardly contain myself. I paraded my phone around for a few seconds and even made out with it right before I answered it. Here's our convo ...

Me: Hey Eric, what's up? (totally cool)
Eric: Hey, not much. Where are you going?
Me: (Clueless) What do you mean?
Eric: We've been driving next to you guys for a while so I thought I'd see what you guys were up to.
Me: (Speechless, I look over and there he is in the car next to us looking at me with a huge smile).

I never felt so lame in my life! My heart sank to my stomach and I think I punctured Jody's arm with my death grip–I was so embarrassed! To this day Eric claims he never noticed my impromptu make out session with my phone but I think he was just trying to help me salvage my dignity. Five years later I seriously laugh at that story and smile from ear to ear because I married that boy! And today we are so blessed to have each other and our two awesome kids. I absolutely love the life we've created and the family we've built and can't wait to celebrate "us" every single year. I love you Eric!

Photo: Here

12 comments:

Alternative Treats said...

hahaha. such a funny story! Well told.
Happy anniversary. :)

Krissy :: Miss B and Hustle said...

I LOVE this story, especially knowing both of you! Have a great day! xo

Unknown said...

This just made me smile BIG TIME. That is so sweet!

H A P P Y Anniversary! xox

Lauren said...

Hahaha! This made my day. I needed to laugh this afternoon. I can only imagine the arm squeeze you gave Jodi. Killer. Love it, have a great weekend:)

Heather Feemster said...

I don't think i ever heard that one..hilarious. Congrats, you two are such an amazing couple, inspiring to say the least.

Lillian C said...

That is SO cute!!! What a cute story :) Hehe...so happy that it all worked out...:)

Steph said...

To one of the cutest couples I know, Happy Anniversary!

kabuka said...

Love Love this story! You definitely put a huge smile on my face! Thanks for sharing Haydee... Happy Anniversary and Cheers to you and Eric for many many more silly years together!

Seven Yossarian said...

That is such a great story. The visualization is hilarious. Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

Brandi said...

I just want to give you a giant hug. That was seriously the best story I've heard all weekend. Okay, maybe longer. And making out with your phone? You're awesome and I'm sure Eric doesn't let you forget that.

Melissa said...

such a cute, funny story!! You can tell that to your grandkids someday!! :)

taryn said...

haha! i just died laughing at that story! so funny... you crack me up!
happy anniversary! you two are so dang cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails