Porter Magazine

"So why would it [online retail giant, Net-A-Porter] step backward into publishing on paper? Because, it turns out, women prefer to read about fashion on glossy pages even as they shop online." – Christina Binkley, WSJ
I for one could not agree more. I have always been a fan of print. There's just something special about flipping through a magazine. Even with digital formats on the rise, I always thought print magazines just needed to be reinvented and have some perspective shifted. 

Then along came retail fave Net-A-Porter to prove my thought this month with the release of its new fashion mag, Porter. After reading about this new release, I'm happy to say it isn't just a glossy, catalog-type, promo piece. Published bi-monthly, Porter's editor-in-chief is Lucy Yeomans from British Harper's Bazaar, which lends itself to some pretty good fashion authority. This can only mean that Porter means serious fashion magazine business. 

I can't wait to check out this inaugural issue. Especially since articles are supposedly toward the front of each issue instead of having to thumb through what seems like 300 pages of ads. Only down side? Its $9.99 newsstand price. I would love to hear what you think. Is there room for a new print fashion magazine out in digi-land? Will you check out Porter?

Images and quote: WSJ

2 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

I was just thinking today how much reading a glossy magazine speaks to me. I don't know if it'll speak to the next generation that has no emotional attachment to it, but for me it's the epitome of womanhood and fully embracing the wonderfulness of another lifestyle.

Heather Feemster said...

Print forever! Can't wait to read it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails