Super Monday ...

Congratulations Green Bay Packers! I said I'd root for you and look at you ... you go and win the super bowl! I'm not gonna lie though, I was just as interested in the commercials too. Hands down, the winner in my book was the Volkswagen Passat commercial titled "The Force." Watch it here. I thought it was brilliant because it was cute and funny, plus could draw men, women, kids, Star Wars fans, and grandparents alike. I think when something can have that kind of pull and be tasteful it's far more brilliant than anything that has to resort to "shock value." It just is.

Oh and if you get my tweets you know that I was feeling like a champ myself yesterday with my Sierra Nevada and ice cream "snack"wiches. What is it about the super bowl that gives us such a gluttonous hall pass?

I hope everyone had a fun weekend and I want to give a huge "welcome" to all the new Happenstance readers!

14 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh my! Those sandwiches look amazing! Congrats on your team winning. And seriously, Super Bowl food rivals Christmas food and I don't know why but I love it.

the southern hostess said...

That was definitely the best commercial and those ice cream sandwiches look so good!

Heather Feemster said...

I love that treat, you're the one who turned me on to them years ago! Glad you had fun. xo

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

YUM those ice cream sandwiches look ahmazing! and i loved that commercial too. so cute! xoxo jcd

Brandi said...

I will admit to skipping the football game and watching the commercials on Hulu. That Force one was brilliant.

Maeve said...

that was my favourite commercial too! i

Ana Degenaar said...

I loved that commercial! It looks like you had fun and goo yummy treats. I wish I'd been there.
xx

Marie said...

I just watched the commercial, amazing ! loved it, this Darth Vador costume is the best xxx

TheBeautyFile said...

Oh, boy, I 100% missed the Superbowl, but it wasn't super high up on my list yesterday. It was a really hectic weekend! Glad I tuned in here to get the general gist of it, gonna watch that commercial!

Your Superbowl meal looks outrageous....there's no better combo than cookies & ice-cream!

Amy said...

I loved that Volkwagon commercial as well. I played it several times at work today, and still get such a kick out of it!

Cheers.

Jess said...

yum! looks like a good time! Loved that Commercial Use the Force!!!

bink and boo said...

Super bowl food is like "the holidays" compacted into one day. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst tummy ache. Ugh.

Being Ingrid said...

Looks amazing! Glad you had yourself a nice little Super Bowl Sunday! SO HAPPY FOR THE PACKERS! :)

gabriella Martelino said...

i just stumbled upon your blog (through the neo-traditionalist) and love it!
can i just say--was so so so thrilled the packers won. i wish i'd had your ice cream cookies to snack on on their way to victory!

Related Posts with Thumbnails