Family ...

If you follow my tweets you know that I happily perused my new issue of W over the weekend. Never really been a huge fan of Katherine Heigl, but it's undeniable how great she looks in this issue. And that cover! I just love this family photo of Katherine with her mom, daughter, sister, niece and nephews so, so much.

Speaking of family, we had a great family weekend with Eric returning from China Friday (BTW, he loved his bean/cheese/rice burrito I greeted him with at LAX). It was the perfect L.A. weekend with the weather so beautiful and so clear you can see the hills and mountains from miles away. We spent Sunday afternoon in Santa Monica. I was so happy I got to visit West Elm, CB2 and the FLOR showroom. After lengthy research and much going back and forth I finally decided on this mirror which I plan to hang horizontally on a wall and these rug tiles which will be laid just like the photo. What do you think?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Photo: W

17 comments:

The Glam Lamb said...

Glad u had a great weekend! And - I dig the mirror! It'll look great!

rebecca said...

i dig the flor tiles. awesome.

Tiffany Kadani said...

Whoa! My husband flew into LAX and spent the day at the beach also. He's back now but loved Santa Monica and Malibu.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Love that mirror - and love CB2 at Santa Monica Place. Did you like the seasonal display of cans?

julia wheeler said...

love them both and can't wait to see how it all comes together! i think i need dusty to make me a version of that mirror:)

kendall k. said...

how funny that we were there at the same time!! what cities did he visit? and oh. my. god. was I CRAAAAVING Mexican food, I couldn't get it fast enough.

love both the tiles and the mirror :)

Brandi said...

The mirror is fantastic -- it's rustic but still modern. And the floor tiles make me so happy. They're going to look fantastic together!!

I've always loved Katherine Heigel. She just seems so down to earth.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i love the rug tiles... they are so versitle.

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

That is a lovely photograph. I'm not a fan of Katherine's acting, but she shines in this picture (as she does in most) and I admire her in her adoption choice.

Ana Degenaar said...

LOVE THE MIRROR! You have such great taste and yes... W mag made my day when I saw it, so nice they dedicated a whole issue to family! :)
xo

Elisse said...

Great choices. Can't wait to see some pictures :)

robyn said...

Oh I LOVE that mirror. Thanks for sharing!

Julie-Inspired Shares said...

I agree with not really loving Katherine Heigl, but this photo is adorable. And that mirror...LOVE it!

Julie xo

Fern and Feather said...

love those rug tiles!! so cute!!!

TheBeautyFile said...

I love the rug tiles!!! I was a HUGE fan of KH back in the day when she starred in "My Father the Hero" with Gerard Depardieu. Then on Grey's not so much. She is pretty beautiful, though. I heard a rumor that W mag was in trouble....

thais said...

you know? never liked that much either but these photos are indeed so genuine and amazing.

thais said...

and the tiles have been on my shopping list for a while now. love them. clean, modern and not too pricey.

Related Posts with Thumbnails