Some Diamond Dave ...

Couldn't resist some old school Diamond Dave with MTV VJ Mark Goodman. All sorts of 80's style going on here. I'll never know how Dave got into his pants and shirt without getting all tangled up. But who cares. What really matters is did Van Halen really think we wouldn't notice when Hagar took over and got all Cabo Wabo on us? I mean Hagar's got a voice, but only Dave can have the voice and fully bring the full-extension, mid-air splits. How amazing would an OG Van Halen reunion be? Would you go?

Photo: Nowness

3 comments:

julia wheeler said...

oh girl you know i LOVE me some diamond dave, high kicks and buttless spandex! NOT a fan of van hagar either... cabo wabo and margaritaville are such a 60+ mid-life-crisis phenomenon. i think they actually did just do a tour together and actually didn't fight or anything dramatic like that... money is money i guess! did you ever hear that diamond dave became an nyc paramedic? now THAT is bizarre... weirder than the buttless spandex i think. :)

Lizzetta said...

So funny, I was just watching some old Van Halen videos yesterday- such as Yankee Rose. Just amazing! I actually am not a fan of the music at all, but find Diamond Dave himself quite a fascinating and hilarious character. Heartily recommend his autobiography.

I was just thinking today that I really love your blog, you just seem to make really nice choices on what to post. I was thinking of beautiful style pictures you tend to select, haha- wasn't expecting this! You are awesome!

Seven Yossarian said...

I remember being like 4 years old idolizing Mr.Diamond Dave Lee Roth

Related Posts with Thumbnails